Thursday, June 30, 2011

Greener side of the fence

I so wish I had taken my camera to the garden with me this morning.  I skipped my routine shower and headed out before the sun mixed itself with moisture to produce unreasonable humidity.

Since I'm often not even awake at this morning hour I was surprized to hear so many birds and see the rabbits out early muching on clover.  What took me back though was a little weasel staring at me before he went into the garden.  I approached the end quietly and he came out with a sense of boldness to stare me down for a while before he turned tail and headed off for the tall weeds behind the shed.

The word weasel in my vocabulary has been connected to someone with little integrity using words to alter the perception of some issue.  A weasel uses just a bit of truth to draw you in.

Weasels - Moles....I hear they can both ruin lawns and crops.  Our neighbor, a farmer, has not yet tilled and planted his land due to the pervasive rains of the spring and summer.  I guess that weasel decided the garden was greener on this side of the fence.

No comments: