Thursday, June 17, 2010

Meeting myself coming and going

Last month in May I flew to Oklahoma to see Jessie, Dan and Gracie. They bought a big 5 bedroom house before Christmas and we hadn't been able to get away to go ga-ga over it.

Ron's business has been picking up so he suggested I buy a ticket and go alone. I was more than happy to do so as after riding in a car for about one hour I'm pretty miserable, and Oklahoma is a nine hour car drive from here.

We spent the whole 4 days either shopping for scrapbook/stamping items or making things, or making things while we watched movies. We only went out for meals which I refused to have her cook. We ate steak, mexican, wonderful BBQ pork sandwiches, specialty pizza, specialty yogurt, and super big cookies. I can't remember the names of any of these places but they would all be on my list of places to try again next time I'm there.

We found great bargains at the Market Basket - a clearance type store for Hobby Lobby. WooHoo, glad to have brought a nearly empty suitcase with me cause I filled that baby to the gills to get it home.

Gracie, our 5yr old granddaughter gets up at 6am. I crafted with her early every day until she went to afternoon kindergarten - a couple of mornings I think we crafted while my eyes were nearly sealed shut from lack of sleep, or should I say from our over stimulated card making extravaganza that lasted well into the morning hours.

When I got back from Jessie's I went straight to the dr's office to have my ring finger x-rayed. Sure enough it was fractured - of course it wasn't simple. I never do simple.

No comments: