Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Marco - "Prolo"

This time of year it is easy to hear kids in pools yelling Marco - and the familiar echo - Polo! But for me I started crying out for some Prolo Therapy. It's an interesting non evasive way to tighten up loose ligaments by injecting a glucose solution in the ligaments. The ligaments become irritated and tells the brain it needs new tissue. Voila! In 8 weeks or so, I will walk straighter and have more stability in my knees and low back.

After getting about 30 injections in my low back and both knees, I took three weeks off work. Some days I could actually feel exactly where the "mending" was taking place. I took a lot of pain pills and spent a lot of time napping, but now I've reduced the use of those pills and am heading back to work.

Ahhh. I love my regular, normal, sometimes interesting life and am looking forward to some mobility without pain or drugs.

No comments: