Friday, September 19, 2008

Thrifty Thursdays

About once a week I visit my favorite place, Leftovers, Etc. For $7.00 you can fill a grocery bag with whatever is in the store. The concept of the store is to provide free/affordable resources to educators, artists, scout groups,etc. The store is supplied by donations from it's own shoppers, and from corporations and businesses.

One never knows for sure what will be in stock, although you can always count on finding the usual items like pringle cans, coffee containers and such recycleables. My favorite areas are in the stationary and domestic departments where you can find all sorts of things pertaining to paper/art supplies, and fabric and crafts.

Because I work with children at church as the Craft Coordinator I'm always on the lookout for things that can be used in future projects. In the Spring I found a box of really good heavyweight paper and the whole box was $4. I have a cool die of a 3-d angel that the children will be making as give-a-ways at the Nursing home at Christmas. All summer I have been collecting things that can go on the angel's dress and wings.

If I went here to get something specific I would probably be somewhat disappointed, but I have learned to let this be my few hours of quiet time and my big $7.00 splurge on myself for the week.

No comments: